IHG Software Application
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) asked User Insight to test a new design for an application used by revenue managers in their corporate and franchise hotels around the world. In particular, IHG wanted to understand users’ behaviors, needs, and preferences to drive design, feature and functionality enhancements for the next two releases
- Understand overarching issues with the current revenue management system.
- Identify training needs for the new application.
- Gather insight into the users’ opinions regarding the transition to a new application.
- Establish users’ comfort level with the new application’s layout and features.
- Gather user feedback about the application’s navigation, and terminology.
- Collect suggestions for additional features or functionality needed.
IHG made these discoveries:
- Users had widely varying interaction styles with the current revenue management system.
- Technology differed significantly across user locations, so many revenue managers could not use all of the system’s current capabilities.
- Users employed various tools and processes in conjunction with the system to do their jobs. Commonalities between users with respect to the use of these tools and process could drive new features and functionality.
- User preferences for the amount and type of training were consistent from country to country.
- The training team noted all usability issues that could not be addressed in the next release in order to incorporate them in the current training material.
- Contextual interviews with revenue managers where they work to uncover detailed user feedback specific to the work environment.
- Enhancement of the discussion guide for remote interviews and testing to ensure detailed user feedback.
- Feedback through our remote technology from revenue managers around the world.
Who we talked to
- Revenue managers in Atlanta, GA
- Revenue managers, through remote technology, in:
- United States (outside Atlanta, GA)
- The Middle East